VISTA RIDGE WORSHIP CENTER UPDATE
Our Vista Ridge renovation project should be completed in May 2018. As of the publishing of this article, the new worship platform, fire sprinkler system and HVAC equipment installations are basically completed. If everything continues on schedule, our first Sunday where we are using the new worship platform should be Mother’s Day, May 13th. Obviously, there are potential opportunities for delays, but we are at the point where the Audio/Visual contractor is beginning to install equipment, so the end of the project is in sight.
During the first two weeks of May, our Celebrate Recovery, Thursday Worship Service and associated meals may be meeting in the lobby and Kids Branch space to allow work to continue in the Worship Center.
Until construction is completed, there are about 50 fewer seats available in the auditorium. If you normally attend a Sunday morning service, this would be a great time for you to check out our Thursday night 6:45 PM service, which traditionally isn’t as full.
Thank you for your patience and flexibility as we progress through this project. We’re excited to see how this additional space will further God’s work at The Branch.
BEYOND ME UPDATE
Our commitments to Beyond Me totaled $6.3 million, and will be given over the next three years. This doesn’t include $2.5 million of matching contributions which then brings the total committed to $8.8 million. As of the middle of April, $1.9 million of the $6.3 million had already been received; this represents 30% of the total in the first 4 ½ months of the campaign.
Our architect (HH Architects) is currently in the process of developing the drawing package for the new children’s wing and the renovation of the existing Kids Branch space. They are working with general contractor Rogers-O’Brien during this phase of the process in order to ensure an accurate and cost-effective drawing package is completed.
Our current schedule has construction on the new wing beginning in the third quarter of 2018, and lasting approximately nine months for the entire construction and renovation. That leads to a planned completion in the second quarter of 2019.
COMMITMENT NEXT STEPS
Below is information that addresses the mechanics of how we will manage this program for the next three years:
- The “official” commitment period started in December 2017 and runs through November 2020, but how you choose to give is completely up to you.
- If you are writing a check or putting cash into the offering baskets or boxes, please make sure to indicate it is for the Beyond Me program by using a giving envelope or writing it in the memo line of the check.
- If you are setting up an online gift, please make sure you use the Beyond Me (VR Expand/Develop) fund. If you are setting up a recurring online gift, you can set it up for a specified number of periods (36 months, 156 weeks, etc.) so it will stop at the end of three years.
- If you completed your commitment card via our online form, this is not the same as setting up a recurring online gift.
- Your commitment has been loaded into Branch Connect (our online church management system) which allows us to generate a pledge statement report. The first report was mailed in November 2017, and pledges were also reflected on year-end tax statements.
- If anything looks incorrect with your report, please contact our Executive Minister David Teutsch at email@example.com so he can get it corrected.
- If you need information for transferring stock into the church’s brokerage account, let David know and he can give you the necessary information.
- Each July, we will send an updated report which shows progress against the commitment. In addition, everything given will be reflected on your annual giving statement for income tax purposes.
ONLINE GIVING SETUP
We believe the most straightforward way to handle fulfilling your commitment to Beyond Me is by setting up a recurring gift in Branch Connect as shown below. If you setup a recurring gift, you can specify the number of periods it will last (156 weeks, 36 months, etc.) and it will automatically stop at the end of the number you’ve specified.
NOTE: The Branch app also has a giving option, but it is not the same system as Branch Connect. We prefer that you set up your Beyond Me recurring gifts using Branch Connect instead of the app.
- 1. Log in to Branch Connect
Using a web browser on a computer, visit: thebranchchurch.org/connect
If you haven’t created a login for Branch Connect, it’s easy! Just select “Sign Up Here” and follow the instructions.
- 2. Select “Give” on the left bar
Once you’ve logged in, select Give. You may choose either the “One time gift” or “Repeating gift” option. We recommend setting the repeating gift so you can schedule when your giving will occur throughout your three-year commitment.