November 12 was an awesome day in the life of The Branch! As a church we sought the Lord’s direction over the last couple of months in response to Beyond Me. Over the weekend of November 12, you shared your commitments. They totaled a little more than 6.4 million dollars!
These commitments do not include the 2.5 million dollar matching commitment formed by two more of our members. When you add these two together, this brings us to around 8.9 million dollars committed to this project. In addition to that, we already have 1.25 million dollars set aside for the project.
This brings us to a little more than 10 million dollars committed.
Many of you remember that the estimated cost of the project is around 9 million dollars. So our commitments exceed our estimated cost. What does this mean for now? The church’s collective response has confirmed for our leadership that the Lord’s hand is in this. We intend to proceed with the project.
Renovation of the Vista Ridge worship center should begin in the first quarter of 2018. This project isn’t officially part of the Beyond Me campaign since it was already funded by a couple of gifts in late 2016, but it will be the first noticeable construction activity.
Our architect (HH Architects) is currently in the process of developing the drawing package for the new children’s wing and the renovation of the existing Kids Branch space. They are working with general contractor Rogers-O’Brien during this phase of the process in order to ensure an accurate and cost-effective drawing package is completed.
Our current schedule has construction on the new wing at Vista Ridge beginning in the third quarter of 2018 and lasting approximately nine months for the entire construction and renovation. That leads to a planned completion in the second quarter of 2019.
The following is some information that addresses the mechanics of how we will manage this program for the next three years:
- The “official” commitment period is from December 2017 through November 2020, but how you choose to give is completely up to you.
- If you are writing a check or putting cash into the offering baskets or boxes, please make sure to indicate it is for the Beyond Me program by using a giving envelope or writing it in the memo line of the check.
- If you are setting up an online gift, please make sure you use the Beyond Me (VR Expand/Develop) fund. If you are setting up a recurring online gift, you can set it up for a specified number of periods (36 months, 156 weeks, etc.) so it will stop at the end of three years.
- If you completed your commitment card via our online form, this is not the same as setting up a recurring online gift.
- Your commitment has been loaded to Branch Connect (our online church management system) which allows us to generate a pledge statement report.
- The first report was mailed on November 22 so you could review it for accuracy. If you indicated you are making a weekly, monthly, annual, or one-time pledge, it was given a start date of December 3, 2017, unless you indicated something different. Due to system limitations, bi-weekly, quarterly, or other frequency commitments may have been converted to weekly, monthly, annual, or one-time commitments, but the total amount should match what was on your commitment card.
- If anything looks incorrect with your report, please contact our Executive Minister David Teutsch at firstname.lastname@example.org so he can get it corrected.
- If you need information for transferring stock into the church’s brokerage account, let David know and he can give you the necessary information.
- Each July, we will send an updated report which shows progress against the commitment. In addition, everything given will be reflected on your annual giving statement for income tax purposes.
ONLINE GIVINE SETUP
We believe the most straightforward way to handle fulfilling your commitment to Beyond Me is by setting up a recurring gift in Branch Connect as shown below. If you setup a recurring gift, you can specify the number of periods it will last (156 weeks, 36 months, etc.) and it will automatically stop at the end of the number you’ve specified.
NOTE: The Branch app also has a giving option, but it is not the same system as Branch Connect. We prefer that you setup your Beyond Me recurring gifts using Branch Connect instead of the app.