During the summer of 2012, as a church, we set out on a mission to GO and serve the community for an entire week. This video is glimpse of only a fraction of the work that was done and only one story of many that were touched by this effort.
To all those who served so generously at GO Week 2012, thank you, you helped us prove that the church is more than just a building. There were over 400 people from The Branch who completed nearly 500 individual tasks over the course of eight days, directly blessing the lives of hundreds of people in our surrounding communities, and only God knows the thousands that were reached indirectly through your work.
Here are some of the tasks that members of The Branch completed:
- Delivered meals through Senior Adult Services to 15 elderly
- Delivered meals through Metrocrest Social Services "Sack Summer Hunger" Program to 25 families and 75 kids
- Made 200 cards for ICU patients
- Helped 22 households through manual labor
- Helped 12 families in two days through lawn work
- Sorted and organized food, clothes, and other items for Metrocrest Social Services and the Christian Community Action (CCA) Thrift Store
- Helped Senior Adult Services with their biggest fundraiser by sorting books, etc.
- Fed breakfast to 60-100 people at the Austin Street Center homeless shelter
- Prepared 100 care packages to be given away to the homeless
- Partnered with Circle of Support at an elementary school in South Dallas by reading to and working with over 100 kids and serving lunch to 300 each day
- Sewed at least 84 dresses for little girls in Honduras
This list doesn’t include the donations made and the many hands that served in too many ways to count. Thank you for being God’s hands and feet and for bringing honor and glory to His name. Give glory to God for what He has done!